PHOENIX – April 7, 2016 – AFS Technologies, a leading global provider of software solutions purpose-built for consumer goods companies, today announced the release of a new tablet version of the AFS™ Warehouse Management System (WMS). Built to run on the latest mobile technologies, the new AFS WMS Tablet both automates and expedites many of the typical processes that occur in a warehouse, such as checking in a truck and capturing product-sensitive data for quality control and weights. It also increases the efficiencies in the warehouse by reducing data errors and labor redundancies.
Available on Android™ and iOS™ platforms, as well as iPad™ and Windows® tablets, AFS WMS Tablet streamlines many warehouse functions and activities including:
- Receivers: streamline the receiving processes by assigning trucks to dock doors in real-time, activating order status, and capturing critical information, including inbound weights, the truck’s seal number and temperature.
- Operators: Check new inventory immediately because there is no lag waiting for critical information to be entered.
- Management: Track inbound and view incoming receipts to the warehouse as well as conducting a final review to close out the inbound orders.
It also improves the management of temperature-controlled inventory, which has the potential to spoil while sitting on a warmer dock, waiting to be put away in the warehouse.
“With the availability of low-cost tablet devices, warehouse owners can take advantage of mobile technology to expedite the effort needed to manage incoming inventory. This creates a ripple effect on the speed of others in the warehouse, such as the operators and the pickers, who are now able to start their tasks earlier,” said Richard Nicholas, CEO, AFS Technologies.
The AFS WMS Tablet helps to manage costs by reducing manual data entry and order-entry errors, and by minimizing hardware purchases with cost-effective tablet devices rather than desktops or laptops. Warehouses gain increased visibility by receiving in real-time. Features include:
- Viewing daily inbound routes or orders
- Searching for an inbound route or order
- Viewing details for an inbound route or order
- Assigning a dock door
- Changing status
- Adding data
- Route and order configurable fields
- Quality control data by route, order or product
- Inbound line weight
Future AFS investments in the tablet include image capture and inventory control management.
About AFS Technologies
AFS Technologies (AFS) is the leading provider of software solutions purpose-built for consumer goods companies. We are committed to generating improved outcomes at the point of purchase coupled with generating efficiencies in trade spend, retail execution and supply chain. With experience developed over its 30-year history, AFS serves more than 1,000 customers of all sizes in more than 50 countries around the world. The AFS products are innovative, configurable solutions that are proven to optimize your potential with automated processes, improved productivity and rapid time to value.